Day 4 started off with vegan pancakes made by my brother-in-law, with maple syrup on top. They were so light and fluffy, and we found out his secret ingredient was club soda. I'll be giving that a try in the near future!
I left a bag of cucumbers at my house for my mother-in-law, who was checking in on Gabby the cat while we were gone. I also brought a couple along with us, and J decided he'd like to eat one of them.
That evening we were ready for our first meal out in Virginia Beach, and we chose a Mediterranean cafe called Baladi. Several things on the menu were marked vegan, and we had plenty of dishes from which to choose.
Mr. GV of course started with the dolmas.
We ate outside, and were losing the light, so this dish doesn't look all that appetizing in this picture. But I swear, it was good! This was the moussaka, which was a special of the day. We are not lovers of eggplant in this house, but we enjoyed it cooked this way.
I chose the Falafel Supreme, which was deeeelish!
There were two vegan desserts on the menu, so even though we were stuffed, we just had to get some of those to go. Here you have Mamool, made with semolina flour and dates, and Baklava. The owner has both vegan and non-vegan baklava on the menu. We had a nice chat with the owner about veganism and how we found his cafe (Happycow.net) and we went away with two complimentary cups of herbal tea and some Turkish Delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment