After wearing ourselves out walking in the gardens, we headed out to try Laughing Seed Cafe! We've only been to Asheville once since going vegan 8 years ago, and never had the opportunity to try Laughing Seed.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we asked for a table outside. And then the food deluge began!
For a starter we decided on the Crispy Asian Dumplings. They were great, and my mom (a non-veg) even enjoyed them, tempeh and all.
I also ordered a side of jalapeno onion fries. I had no idea we would get so many. They were a bit hot for me, so Mr. GV wound up eating most of them.
Of course I had to try the Reuben. It was so good--maybe the best I've had. I never in my life had a Reuben before going vegan. Sauerkraut on a sandwich just never sounded good to me, and frankly it wasn't a very popular sandwich here in the South when I was growing up. A few years ago, though, I decided to give one a try and I am so glad I did.
Mr. GV had the Thai Panang Seitan Curry. I tried a couple of bites, and it was good too but a bit too spicy for me.
My mom had the Harmony Bowl. There was a *lot* of food in that bowl!
Believe it or not, we had room for dessert. I find it very hard to pass up vegan desserts because I just don't run across them unless we are at a veg restaurant. We had the homemade ice cream of the day, which was blueberry coconut,
and the coconut cream tart with blueberry compote, which was delish!
My mom had an oatmeal raisin pecan cookie.
Your VEGAN two cents: Do you seek out veg restaurants when you're traveling? Do you have to try vegan dessert just "because it's there?"
4 comments:
Post a Comment