Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

MoFo: Vegan Vacation Vittles, Days 9 and 10

Days 9 and 10 found us on the road again, this time headed south towards home.  We had an extra passenger this time, which made things a little more challenging but for 14 hours in a booster seat, he was very well behaved! 

We drove to Knoxville the first day, checked into our hotel, then went down the road to Earth Fare.  They are always reliable in having vegan food in their cold case. 

Included in dinner that night was apple almond quinoa, oriental noodles, and a chick'n curry dish. 



And a nice salad. 

Mr. GV also had some mock crab cakes, and we ended the meal with a slice of vegan carrot cake.  I knew that would be good, because a couple of years ago when we were traveling I picked up a whole carrot cake there for his birthday. 


On Day 10, we stopped at Whole Foods in Nashville and bought some groceries plus lunch.  I love their chick'n fried tofu.  I don't fry at home (very rarely saute in oil) but I do love to splurge on that fried tofu when we occasionally get to a Whole Foods.  There was more to our lunch--earth and sea salad, which I also love, and veggies. 


And then-----we were finally home!!!  Vacation is great, but there is nothing like being in my own kitchen!

No comments: