Most all of us have them---a few convenience foods we rely on when we can't or don't want to cook every little thing from scratch. I thought I'd share a few of the favorites here in the Green Veggies household:
Mr. GV enjoys these Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain muffins. Luckily two of our local (meaning within 30 miles) health food stores carry them, so he doesn't have to go without. I've made English muffins a time or two, but the recipe I used didn't call for sprouted whole grain flour, and it wasn't all that healthy.
Frozen organic orange juice: I love the Trader Joe's brand because it's a bit cheaper than the other frozen organic orange juice I have tried, and it's *much* cheaper than the organic OJ in a plastic jug.
Many of the recipes I make call for garlic. I really don't enjoy the smell of garlic on my hands, so I sought out a version that was already chopped and was organic. There's no oil--only garlic, water, citric acid, and a small amount of salt. This is by far my favorite shortcut in the kitchen!
Ah, Clif bars. This is something I like to keep in my purse for those times when you just don't have any other options. There are lots of flavors, but I like to keep it simple with the peanut butter flavor. A lot of the others are so sweet and dessert-like that I wind up eating them when I really should be eating something else, so I don't keep them around very often!
Friday, October 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Ezekiel breads, but haven't tried the English muffins. I didn't even know they made them! I used to eat English muffins all the time...I'll have to see if they carry them in my area.
(P.S. They're definitely on the more dessert-like side, but if you're interested, I'm doing a Clif bar giveaway for a five-pack of Builder's bars.)
Those muffins look amazing, I wish we could get something like that here.
Post a Comment