Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

MoFo: Snack Time, and a Favorite Appliance

One of my favorite snacks is popcorn.  I was tired of having to use oil every time, though, so decided it was time to purchase an air popper.  And I have never regretted it! 

I doesn't get much simpler than this--add popcorn, plug in the machine, and you're done. 

Sometimes I eat it plain, sometimes I add a little salt, or you could even add herbs.  We have added VegIt before and loved that as well.

But my favorite topping would have to be nutritional yeast.  My popcorn is practically swimming in nutritional yeast (referred to as nooch by many people.)  Unfortunately it doesn't stick very well.  I don't want to add any butter (vegan of course) so have tried tamari.  It wasn't my favorite, but the nutritional yeast did stick.

Your vegan two cents: What's your favorite vegan snack?  Are you a lover of nutritional yeast like I am? 

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Fancy pants!

:-)

coldandsleepy said...

We have an air popper too-- in fact, I think the same one as is in your picture!

I love a combo of nooch & sriracha on my popcorn... the sriracha helps the nooch stick and also, it's freaking delicious.

I've tried a light spray of olive oil on the popcorn to get the nooch to stick and that works okay but you're going to have some added fat from that. (Less than if you poured EB on it, but more than none.)

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love popcorn & I really want an air popper! I always manage to burn it when I try to make it myself!

Jes said...

Currently I'm obsessed with popcorn topped with smoked paprika, onion powder, and nooch. SERIOUSLY GOOD!!

Practical Parsimony said...

My microwave popper is air-pops. The popper cost me $3 over 20 years ago. I don't really eat popcorn, but I like it plain.