Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MoFo: Vegan Vacation Vittles, Day 7

Day 7 involved a visit to the dentist for J, and later on we all ate lunch at Baker's Crust.    The waitress checked for us when we asked her to make sure there was no dairy or other animal products in the crust.  After assuring us there was none, we ordered the margherita pizza, minus the cheese, and adding caramelized onions and wild mushrooms. 



We also shared the spa veggie sandwich, which was interesting.  It had hummus, grilled eggplant, avocado, red onion, and watercress.  It came with some homemade chips, which I was ready to munch on until I realized the crumbly stuff on top of them was probably Parmesan. 

That evening Mr. GV and I, plus brother-in-law, went to Nawab again, only this time a different location.  The service and food were both still great.  This time we shared some pakoras and Mr. GV had the vegetable jhalfrazie.  I again had the channa masala, because it was just so darn good the first time!

We made a trip into Fresh Market grocery store, where Mr. GV looked and looked and LOOKED, and finally located a vegan wine. 

1 comment:

celyn said...

That pizza is beautiful! Yum.